Shop Assistant – Peterhead Prison Museum
Full Time – Peterhead, United Kingdom
Admiralty Gateway based in Peterhead is currently seeking hard working, friendly, enthusiastic personnel to work in the following position at our Prison Museum. This position will be for a fixed term period of 3-4 months. You will work on rota of 7 days on / 7 days off and your hours of work would be 9.45 am – 6.00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities will include but are not restricted to;
- Be attentive to customers’ needs.
- Ensure a quality customer experience from point of entry to egress.
- Give information about the features, quality and availability of different products including audio tour equipment.
- Help customers find products they are looking for in the shop.
- Handle the payment of any purchases.
- Arrange orders and deliveries of stock for customers that purchase on line.
- Advise the customer of information relating to their purchase, such as its warranty or how to look after it.
- Make the customer aware of any special offers.
- Make sure that all stock is on display.
- Be aware of what all the customers in the shop are doing, to guard against shoplifting.
- Taking payments, giving change and wrapping purchases
- Answering enquiries and giving advice about products to customers
- The ability to handle cash and keep accounts.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and be hands on to ensure the smooth running of the shopping facility within the visitor’s hub.
Tel: 01779 482217